Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Book Recommendation--sort of

You know, it takes some guts to recommend a book before you have actually read it, but it takes real guts to recommend a book that hasn't even come out yet. That doesn't matter to me, because I have book recommendation for all of you out there. On Monday, it was announced that former Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich has signed a six-figure book deal. YES! I can't wait.

Blagojevich found a place in my heart quickly after he tried to sell the Illinois Senate seat, not because of his actions, but because of his brass and his ability to be completely oblivious to his situation. Then he named Ronald Burris to the Senate and I quickly found a new favorite public figure. Either Blagojevich just didn't care what he had done or he was in complete denial, either way, the months of his saga were great tv. I really miss seeing him on tv, holding those press conferences where he just completely ignored his situation. I was a fan.

Now he is writing a book that is said to be "embarrassing to himself as well as to others." It is also said that some people "in high places" tried to prevent a book deal. I can't imagine what this guy is going to say, but it is going to be great. I wanted to be the first to recommend the book to all of you, but you will have to wait until October before it comes out. Trust me, it will be worth the wait.

1 comment:

  1. I guess until then I'll just have to settle for reading Joe Torre's - The Yankee Years.

    ReplyDelete