Wednesday, May 6, 2009

In Case You Missed It

I just wanted to provide an update for everyone who may have been under a rock for the last couple of days. A certain NFL quarterback, who shall remain nameless for the duration of this blog under protest and whose name I hope to never speak again, has decided that he in fact wants to play again and is talking with a certain team, who will also remain nameless because I blame them for this as well. No this is not an old post from last year, this guy is at it again. I mean the guy was great. A hall of famer even, but enough is enough already. This is not the first instance where this particular quarterback has been in the news for not being able to decided whether to play again for not,  as a matter of fact this is about the tenth time this asshole has been in the news for this kind of shit.

Okay, so the last sentence gave away my stance on this issue so I don't have to go into that, but for goodness sake it is just time for this guy to hang it up. You know what, I don't care if he hangs it up or plays, my life will be exactly the same tomorrow whether this media whore decides to play or not, but I am just tired of hearing about it. I take that back, if he decides to play, my life will be a little worse because it will be on every news network and internet site on god's green earth. Though, I suppose that if he decides not to play the same coverage will be there, for some unknown worldly reason, so I am back to the idea that it makes no difference on my life. 

This is not my typical stance on these types of issues. I like to follow sports story, even to nauseam sometimes, but I have been through it with this guys before so enough is enough. And who really cares anyway. It has no real life factors because the guy is fantasy dog meat, so what other value could he have. The only people who care about this are his former, former (two teams ago) teammates. And they only care because I am sure that they are licking their chops at the chance to accidentally hit late fifteen or sixteen times a game. It would be one of those games where the starters go to their backups before the game and say "you might want to be ready today, because there is a good chance I will get tossed for nailing that jackass the first chance I get."

Bottom line, unless you are bashing this guy for being a jerk, I don't want to hear anyone talking about it anymore. If you have the same stance that I do, then please feel free to talk about it all you want and I will read it. Just make sure you don't come close to mentioning his name.

1 comment:

  1. I care. FAVRE to VIKES! Woo-Hoo!

    Signed,

    guy who you could never beat in Foxhounds.

    ReplyDelete