Thursday, May 7, 2009

No Mas

I will keep this short this afternoon, but I have a point to make. I am completely against any suspension punishment during the NBA Playoffs. These games have been great and I don't care if these guys want to go out and beat the shit out of each other, it is great to watch. This is what the NBA needs and what they don't need is to suspend guys for playing tough. Unless someone goes out and just complete beats down someone on the court, I say let them play. I have no problem with guys getting thrown out of games. If Derek Fisher wants to run over some with his shoulder lower or Vaun Wafer wants to slap someone in the head, then throw them out of the game, but do not suspend them for more games. The playoffs are really the one time of year that the fans really get into the NBA and when the NBA is at its best. The Celtics/Bulls series was wonderful and the Lakers/Rockets and Celtics/Magic games are shaping up to be great. So my note to the NBA is to make sure that they don't step in and do what they usually do and mess things up. Let these guys knock the crap out of each other and smack talk for seven games. That is what playoff basketball is all about.

Just why I am on the suspension topic, I really don't care about the Manny Ramirez thing. It is my opinion that he just wanted to take some time off and this was the easiest way. I don't for a second think that Manny took steroids. He may have taken some illegal drugs during his days, but I seriously doubt they were steroids. My bet is that when Manny comes back (and I would not be surprised if MLB shorted this thing before the end of 50 games) that he hits around .390 with 20 homeruns and 60 rbi, all the while leading the Dodgers to the NLCS where, of course, they will get beat by the Mets.

No comments:

Post a Comment